Have you ever thought to yourself: I wish we had more symposia about [fill in the blank]. Well, why don’t you consider proposing a speaker, yourself?
If you have a speaker you’d like to present for a symposium, these are the steps:
- Determine if they have credentials. Are they well-published in their field? Are they excellent scholars/writers/scientists/etc.?
- Gather information about the potential speaker, including
- Speaker’s name:
- Speaker’s job title:
- Speaker’s proposed topic:
- Speaker’s website / link to vita (or attach as .pdf):
- Speaker’s honorarium/speaking fee:
- Speaker’s flight cost (estimated):
Then, send this information to Dr. Kacy Tillman, firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s that easy!
Fall proposals must be made by April 1 of the semester prior to the event.
Spring proposals must be made by November 1 of the semester prior to the event.